[R] Statistical tests and measures for "cone-like" distributions?

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 23:53:19 CET 2011

Matthew Gwynne <mathew.gwynne <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> Are there any special statistical tests, or functions in R I could use
> to measure "cone-like" distributions?
> I have several data-sets, which I've been plotting parts of as 2D
> plots,  where I get a "cone-like" distribution of the data points.
> That is, the data appears to be bounded by two non-parallel lines,
> starting at the origin, giving rise to a "cone-like" appearance.

  You may be interested in quantile regression.  Roger Koenker, who
has developed a lot of the basic methodology for quantile regression,
is also the author of the quantreg package (which comes with a fairly
thorough vignette IIRC).

More information about the R-help mailing list