[R] slightly off topic...

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Feb 2 22:20:26 CET 2011

On Feb 2, 2011, at 4:02 PM, Steve Lianoglou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Sacha Viquerat <tweedie-d at web.de>
> wrote:
>> i'm sorry to bother but...
>> sometimes theres an attachment in the posts on the list, a single
>> file
>> called:
>>
>> Teil 1.2
>>
>> whys that? i dont want to open it to find out, as i have used
>> computers
>> before ;)
>> therefore i suspect it to be either some security problem OR to be
>> the
>> alternative HTML version that is claimed to have been deleted. any
>> light-shedding would be appreciated!
>
> That's weird -- I don't ever recall seeing an attachment come through
> on this list before.
>
> If I'm not mistaken, I think mailman is set to explicitly removes
> attachments from emails before it is broadcast to this list ... but
> I'm not 100% sure.

Steve;

Your mail client may be doing further filtering than the server. he
server passes on .txt and .pdf files. There was a posting with an
attachment two days ago. The third item in this thread:
[R] barplot with varaible-width bars

You should be able to see something with your browser.

The fact that the attachment to someone with a .de domain has them
labeled mit de Wort "Teil" suggests that the labeling is being done at
the final destination, since the server is set up with English messages.

> -steve

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT