[R] Longitudinal Weights in PLM package

Arne arne.warnke at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 10 10:51:33 CET 2011

Hi all,

I a semi-beginner with R and I am working with the plm package to examine a
longitudinal dataset. Each individual in this dataset has a longitudinal
weight for the probability that he or she remains in the sample.

Unfortunately, I have not found an argument to use weights in the plm
function? I tried “weights=” like in standard lm or in nlme or lm4 but it
does not work. I asked the maintainer but I have not received a reply yet.

Therefore, I would like to ask you whether I can use plm with longitudinal
weights or if I have to switch to other packages dealing with longitudinal
data?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Arne