[R] Installing R on cygwin

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 10 12:29:08 CET 2011

I'm not sure I did anything special to install R for use with cygwin.
Availability of RCurl appears to relate to windohs AFAICT from the CRAN page.
I have never bothered to use this since I already use the related linux
tools available through cygwin. Building from source may have become an issue
lately but I started to use install.packages in an R script invoked
from a bash script running on cygwin and this has worked without incident.
R doesn't know about cygwin so you may need to use things like cygpath if you
are feeding file names to R etc but this will be an issue with most apps on 'dohs.