[R] Seeking help in Package development

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 00:05:05 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Nipesh Bajaj <bajaj141003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Gabor for your input. Here what I have done is that:
>
> 1. Copy 'MyPackage' folder (developed by package.skeleton) into
> 'C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.1\bin' (I found R.exe is there)
>
> 2. In the command prompt, I changed the working directory using "CD"
> command and run 'R CMD build MyPackage'
>
> 3. I have seen that a file named 'MyPackage_1.0.tar' has been created.
> Then I pasted that file in ''C:\Program Files\R\R-2.12.1\bin'
>
> 4. Again run R CMD INSTALL MyPackage_1.0.tar.gz. However here I got
> some error saying:
> 'Error in Rd_info(db[[i]]) : Rd files must have a non-empty \title'

What you have done in #1 is asking for trouble.

You do need to get used to debugging your Rd files and you should
expect to get many warnings and errors.  Read the messages carefully
and keep correcting them and rebuilding and checking until they pass.

--
Statistics & Software Consulting
GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.
email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com