[R] Seeking help in Package development

Nipesh Bajaj bajaj141003 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 00:19:57 CET 2011

Hi Gabor, can you be more detail on step 01? Is that not the correct
path for R.exe? But I found it there.

When I ran R CMD build MyPackage then actually got these warnings:
cygwin warnings:
MS-DOS style path detected: c:/Program Files/R/R-2.12.1/bin/Mypackage_1.0.tar
prefered POSIX equivalent is /cygdrive/c/Program
Files/R/R-2.12.1/bin/MyPackage_1.0.tar
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodesfilewarning" turns off this
warning.............

Is this warning something to do with that error?

Sorry for stretching this thread so long. However I am not really
expert in programming therefore find really hard on understanding
different terminology given in different documentation.

Thanks,