[R] Hello!

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Sun Feb 27 21:15:24 CET 2011

I actually thought that Bert's comment was tastefully funny.  I, too, do not enjoy reading all lowercase emails or emails that use ridiculous abbreviations.  In any case, I am not sure from where Mark gets the idea that the list is way too negative.  In my earlier days of learning S-Plus and R, I used to get chided by some of the R gurus, but that only fired me up to learn more. Even now when I give presentations or send manuscripts to journals, I look for comments that force me to think outside of my comfort zone.   I think this list has a good balance of helpfulness and challenging criticisms.  Mark, by reacting to the comments in a personal manner, I am afraid that you are the loser.

Best,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,