[R] error in calling source(): invalid multibyte character in parser

Luca Meyer lucam1968 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 08:32:15 CET 2011

Being italians when writing comments/instructions we use accented letters - like à, ò, è, etc.... when running R scripts using such characters I get and error saying:

invalid multibyte character in parser

I have been looking at the help and searched the r-help archives but I haven't find anything that I could intelligibly apply to my case.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this error?

Thanks,
Luca

Mr. Luca Meyer
www.lucameyer.com
IBM SPSS Statistics release 19.0.0
R version 2.12.1 (2010-12-16)
Mac OS X 10.6.5 (10H574) - kernel Darwin 10.5.0