[R] using "plot" with time series object - "axes = FALSE" option does not appear to work

Clifford Long gnolffilc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 14:31:07 CET 2011

Dear R-help,

I am told by Professor Ripley that my question (quote) wastes the time
of (and has insulted on-list) the R developers by falsely claiming
there are problems with their code.  I am writing, as he instructed,
to publicly apologize to the R developers for any slight that my
question might have generated.

When posing my question, I genuinely thought that by invoking "plot"
that it was a Base R graphics package that I was using, and not that
offered by Mr. Ryan.

As I am told that I owe an apology, I would like to do as I was
instructed and publicly apologize on the list to the R developers, but
not for any malicious intent, but rather for my lack of expertise and
any unintentional insult that resulted.  (My apologies also to Mr.
Ryan for my ignorance.)

Signed "bruised, but maybe a little less ignorant about R".

Cliff Long
gnolffilc at gmail.com