[R] Where is a package NEWS.Rd located?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 20:29:52 CET 2011

On 06/01/2011 2:19 PM, Kevin Wright wrote:
> Yes, exactly.  But the problem is with NEWS.Rd, not NEWS.

I'm not sure who you are arguing with, but if you do file a bug report,
please also put together a simple reproducible example, e.g. a small
package containing NEWS.Rd in the inst directory (which is where the
docs say it should go) and code that shows why this is bad.  Don't just
talk about internal functions used for building packages; as far as we
can tell so far tools:::.build_news_db is doing exactly what it should
be doing.

Duncan Murdoch