[R] Where is a package NEWS.Rd located?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Jan 6 21:06:54 CET 2011

I was communicating with Kevin off-list.

The problem seems to be run time, not install time.  News() calls
tools:::.build_news_db(), and the 2nd line of that function is:

 nfile <- file.path(dir, "inst", "NEWS.Rd")

and that's the problem:  an installed package shouldn't have an inst/
subdirectory, right?

Andy