[R] Extract Crawley´s datasets and pack them into a new package

Christoph Scherber Christoph.Scherber at agr.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Jan 14 15:32:29 CET 2011

Dear all,

I have a seemingly easy question but couldn´t find a solution so far:

I´d like to have all datasets from Crawley´s "R Book" in an own package, so that I can easily access them.

Let´s assume they are all saved on C: in the following directory:

setwd("C:\\Crawleydata")

Now I am loading all datasets using lapply:

###

LL<-list.files("C:\\Crawleydata",pattern = "\\.txt$")
LL2<-as.list(LL)
names(LL2)<-LL

LL3<-lapply(LL2,function(x)try(read.table(x,header=T,sep="\t")))
###

So far, so good; now that I have all files in LL3, how do I move them out to the "data" path in a newly created library?

I know that "package.skeleton()" should do the job, but somehow I got stuck here...

Many thanks for your help!

Best wishes
Christoph

[using R 2.12.1 on Windows XP]