[R] Random Effects Meta Regression

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Sun Jan 16 17:43:14 CET 2011

If b is the coefficient from the meta-regression model that indicates the (average) change in the outcome measure for a one-unit increase in the corresponding explanatory variable, then 5*b is the (average) change in the outcome measure for a 5-unit increase in the explanatory variable.

Or equivalently, before fitting the model, just divide the values of that particular explanatory variable by 5. Then the coefficient from the model will give you the change in the outcome measure for a 5-unit increase.

Best,

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology