[R] Problem with package development

Nipesh Bajaj bajaj141003 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:03:17 CEST 2011

Thanks Prof. Ripley and Duncan for your pointers. Noting down your
points I have modified my way of building package and have done
following so far:

1. In my C: drive I create one working folder naming "R_PackageBuild"
2. In R console I have written following codes:
> setwd("c:/R_packageBuild")
> package.skeleton("trial1",namespace = TRUE, code_files = "f:/trial.r")
3. then I opened cmd and wrote following:
cd C:\R_PackageBuild
Rcmd build –binary trial1

This process halted with following error:
Error: unexpected symbol in “tools:::.test_load_package(‘trial1′,….)”
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed

What I have missed in this process? Can you please help me how to
solve this issue?

Thanks,

PS: I am sorry I missplet 'Program Files'. Thanks Prof. Ripley for this pointer.