[R] observation limits on correlog and mantel?

William M Forney wforney at usgs.gov
Fri Jun 17 17:48:30 CEST 2011

   Hello,
   I  am working with two datasets with ~5,200 observations.  Apparently,
   neither the correlog function (ncf package) nor the mantel function (ecodist
   package) can handle these datasets.  Does anyone have any experience about
   the  maximum  number of observations these functions can handle?  I am
   considering partitioning them into smaller subsets.
   This would not be an ideal solution as it changes the sampling space and its
   spatial  dependence,  so  other  suggestions  for being able to create
   cross-correlograms are most welcome.... I am relatively new at doing this
   type of analysis in R.  Thanks.
   Regards, Will.