[R] Server question

Sat Jun 18 18:05:31 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Oliver Jones <oliver.jones at digred.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> A client of mine has asked me to investigate the installation of R-software.
>
> Could anyone tell me whether the software works only on a client machine or
> whether it sits on a server with clients attaching to it?
>
> Not immediately clear from the docs.

It also depends on what you mean by "running on a server".

For instance, we have R installed on our compute servers which people
ssh into and use.

Maybe they are more interested in a type of "server install" rstudio
provides? Check out the "RStudio Server" section of their
documentation on this page:

http://www.rstudio.org/docs/

Hope that helps,
-steve