[R] Installing packages

thomas.chesney thomas.chesney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 24 10:29:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to install the network package at my work computer. I'm using R
version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)

At home I can use the Package Installer, but at work this is blocked by our
firewall. What I usually do is download the Mac binary and copy it to
R.Framework/Resources/Library, but this isn't working with network. I get
the following, which I think means I have the wrong binary for my version of
R? Any help would be appreciated.

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.12/Resources/library/network/libs/i386/network.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.12/Resources/library/network/libs/i386/network.so,
6): Library not loaded:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libR.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.12/Resources/library/network/libs/i386/network.so
  Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning message:
package 'network' was built under R version 2.13.0
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'network'

Thank you
Thomas Chesney
University of Nottingham