[R] Zero truncated Poisson distribution & R2WinBUGS

Timothée timoumout at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 3 15:09:55 CET 2011

Hi,
I have a very similar problem...
In some sites, counts data>0
In the other sites, counts = 0
I already applied zero inflated models with the zero-trick (Martin et al
2005 in Ecology letters), but I would like to use truncated distributions
(Poisson and negative binomial) to model my counts in order to estimate the
number of sites where no counts but presence.
The problem is that I can't manage to write the likelihood of such truncated
distributions.
Did you get any valuable answers to your post ?
Would you mind to share with me how you succeeded (if so) ?
Thank you very much
Timothée