[R] Zero truncated Poisson distribution & R2WinBUGS

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Thu Mar 3 17:38:17 CET 2011

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Timothée wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a very similar problem...
> In some sites, counts data>0
> In the other sites, counts = 0
> I already applied zero inflated models with the zero-trick (Martin et al
> 2005 in Ecology letters), but I would like to use truncated distributions
> (Poisson and negative binomial) to model my counts in order to estimate the
> number of sites where no counts but presence.
> The problem is that I can't manage to write the likelihood of such truncated
> distributions.

If you're looking for a maximum likelihood regression model (without
random effects), then the "countreg" package on R-Forge may be helpful for
you.

The package is not yet on CRAN because we are planning to add more
functionality, but the code is well tested. It's the same code-base
underlying zeroinfl() and hurdle() in "pscl".

hth,