[R] a question

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 15:05:27 CET 2011

On Mar 16, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Jonathan P Daily wrote:

> What operating system are you working with? On windows, making it
> run by
> double clicking on it from explorer is not going to work. You will
> probably have to write a batch file that invokes Rterm or Rscript (see
> documentation for which you want to use). So if your script file is
> "myscript.r", you could use Rterm myscript.r so long as the R
> executable
> directory is in the search path.
>
> On linux, make sure to start your script starts with #!/usr/bin/env
> Rscript, and make it executable (i.e. chmod +x myscript.r). Now it
> should
> run when you type ./myscript.r

There may be additional routes to success. Gabor Grothendieck has
written a suite of batch files for Windows applications and you
couldfollow the example code in building your particular clickable
routine, and Dirk Eddelbeuttel has written "Little R" or more
accurately `littler` which is designed to support non-interactive,
special purpose R sessions.

--
David.

> HTH,
> Jon
> --------------------------------------
> Jonathan P. Daily
> Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
> 11649 Leetown Road
> Kearneysville WV, 25430
> (304) 724-4480
> "Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
> the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
>     - Jubal Early, Firefly
>
> r-help-bounces at r-project.org wrote on 03/16/2011 06:18:09 AM:
>
>> [image removed]
>>
>> [R] a question
>>
>> Jeela Mohammadian
>>
>> to:
>>
>> r-help
>>
>> 03/16/2011 08:59 AM
>>
>> Sent by:
>>
>> r-help-bounces at r-project.org
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I must seek a favour regarding of R project,
>>
>> can we make an application out of R. I mean a small application that
>> automatically runs and do the estimation automatically. Because the
>> things I do is that I copy codes from script to work book and then it
>> runs and gives the output. can it be done automatically?
>>
>> I will appreaciate if you could answer.
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Jeela

David Winsemius, MD