[R] a question

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Wed Mar 16 20:12:38 CET 2011

If you do ?Startup then you get the help page that describes all that R does as it starts up and there are a few places in there that it describes where you can put things to be run automatically.

I have done this for a doctor before who wanted to show the demonstration I showed him to others, but did not know any R, so I installed R for him and set a script to automatically run so he just double clicked on the icon and R started and ran the demonstration for him.  This sounds similar to what you want.  In my case I used .Rprofile, but there are other options in the Startup help page that may work better for you.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org