[R] Does R have a "const object"?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 17:41:42 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:16 PM,  <luke-tierney at uiowa.edu> wrote:

> That would defeat the purpose.  Unlocking things in base may be useful
> for experimenting or debugging but it is not a good idea otherwise.

 You are making experimenting in R more awkward? Then I'm throwing
"That would defeat the purpose" straight back at you. I remember when
R was all about the experimenting. Of course it was called Splus back
then and was only available in grainy black-and-white...

 Oh well, I guess its one small step towards becoming a proper
grown-up language.

Barry