[R] setting up a R working group

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Thu Mar 17 16:35:03 CET 2011

       1.  There is a CRAN mirror at Bristol (roughly 100km from
Swansea?).  They must have (or have had) some very active R users there.

       2.  Sundar Dorai-Raj and I developed a local R Archive Network
and subversion repository internal to a company where we used to work.
I believe that made it easier for us to collaborate and to share our
results with others.  (See "Creating R Packages, Using CRAN, R-Forge,
And Local R Archive Networks And Subversion (SVN) Repositories",
available from CRAN -> Documentation:  Contributed.)  This is not the
first thing you should do, but I believe it can help build local
collaboration and awareness of R.

       Hope this helps.
       Spencer