[R] Overlapping x axes using Lattice

Breheny, Patrick patrick.breheny at uky.edu
Tue May 3 23:44:39 CEST 2011

I'm not clear on what you're looking for here.  Your x-axis is numeric, why are you converting it to a factor?  If you keep it numeric, the labels don't overlap.  Or perhaps you don't want it to be numeric, in which case why not just change the aspect ratio of the plot until they no longer overlap?  Or change the axis font size?  Or put fewer labels on the axis?  There is a finite amount of space on the axis, so you have to either make more space, shrink the labels, or draw fewer of them.