[R] Help, please

Thu May 19 06:23:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Julio César Flores Castro
<julio.flores at spss.com.mx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using R 2.10.1 and I have a doubt.

As a general rule of thumb, it's usually best to be using the latest
version of R (which is no R 2.13.0) -- 2.10.1 came out in December,
2009, so ... try to upgrade if you can.

> Do you know how many cases can R
> handle?

What do you mean "cases"?

I reckon the answer to this question is related to the amount of RAM
you have, and whether or not you are running R in 32 vs. 64 mode.

> I want to use the library npmc but if I have more than 4,500 cases I get an
> error message.

To get better help, you should paste in the code you used that
produced the error, as well as the error message itself.

> Is there any way to increase the number of cases in order to use this
> library.

You haven't provided enough information to help just yet -- the error
message you get will be *particularly* helpful, but please provide the
code you used as well.

If I had to guess, though, I'm going to go with my original "RAM +
64bit thing" as being one way to increase the number of "cases" you
can use.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou