[R] Which package to use when fit Mixture regression model with ......................

cori.shen cuizhen.shen at gmail.com
Fri May 20 06:18:06 CEST 2011

I'm pretty new in R... try to learn ASAP for a project,  I wonder if anyone
can provide some advice on which package to use when fit Mixture regression
model with both categorical(more than two levels) and continuous variables.
I tried to use Flexmix... and transposed the multi-level variables as
several 0-1 dummy variable and tried to put in the package and find the fit.
But it always tells me can't find the mixture model convergence.. I guess I
must do something wrong, does the # of variables matter? Say if I have 13000
observations and 50 variables, will it work?