[R] [Fwd: Re: the mgcv package can not be loaded]

gbrenes at ssc.wisc.edu gbrenes at ssc.wisc.edu
Wed May 25 18:18:46 CEST 2011

Sorry, I forgot to be more specific.

I am using Windows XP.

I am using R.12.2

I installed both packages from the install packages menu.

I always write library(name.of.library), and it is enough.

But when I write library(nlme), R does not find nlme right away

I load nlme first and it says package was downloaded succesfully.

However, when I try to do this again in another day, R cannot find nlme,
so I try to load mgcv with library(mgcv), then I get this message:

Error: package 'nlme' could not be loaded
In addition: Warning message:
In library(pkg, character.only = TRUE, logical.return = TRUE, lib.loc =
lib.loc) :
  there is no package called 'nlme'

Is there any problem with nlme that I need to install it every time I open R?

Gilbert