[R] [Fwd: Re: the mgcv package can not be loaded]

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Thu May 26 11:39:28 CEST 2011

On 26.05.2011 10:57, Simon Wood wrote:
> the current version of nlme depends on R>=2.13, according to CRAN. I
> would guess that this is the problem. So I think you'll either need to
> re-install an older R 2.12.2 compatible version of nlme, or upgrade R.

Although upgrading is never a bad idea, this should not matter in this
case: R-2.12.x for Windows will look into the 2.12 binary repository for
Windows with the right version of nlme.

I suspect a broken installation of nlme in R's main library and that the
re-installations go into another library or so.

But since we do not have any output of the install processes nor the
currently available libraries on the search path etc. it is hard to know
what is going on.

Uwe