[R] Count of rows while looping through data

Phil Spector spector at stat.berkeley.edu
Fri May 27 21:45:34 CEST 2011

Jeanna -
    The family variable is being stored as a factor.
You could eliminate the NA values manually, or you
could try something like

     x$family = as.character(x$family)

before subsetting.   If neither of these solutions are
satisfactory, please follow the posting guide and provide
a reproducible example.
                                         - Phil