[R] Installing binaries from R-Forge

Downey, Patrick PDowney at urban.org
Wed Nov 9 15:15:37 CET 2011

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your response. I tried your suggestion and got the following
error message:
> install.packages("splm",
repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org",type="source")
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package 'splm' is not available

I have downloaded the "Package source (.tar.gz)" at the link below, and it
is not an empty file. Not sure what this problem means or what I can do
about it.

Thanks,
Mitch