[R] Interpreting Multiple Linear Regression Summary

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Nov 9 18:42:26 CET 2011

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011, David Winsemius wrote:

> I don't see a data= argument specified, so you are telling lm() that your
> workspace has individual vectors by those names in the formula. That is
> not what is implied by hte rest of your message.

David,

   That's because I attached the data frame before running the model.

   However, looking again at the scatter plots of the individual predictor variables
with the response variable answered my question after I posted it. There are
no patterns to the relationships in these scatter plots so there's nothing
to model. I became caught up in the repetitive processing for all these data
and stopped really seeing what was in front of me.

My apologies to the list,

Rich