[R] Error in Summary.factor(c(1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 1L, 4L, : max not meaningful for factors

Alex DJ alexdj at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 18:46:27 CET 2011

When you put (fo) what do you mean?

With ordered variable am now getting this error message:

model1 <- siarmcmcdirichletv4(data, source, tef, concdep=0, 500000, 50000)
Error in matrix(1, ncol = (numsources + numiso) * numgroups, nrow =
(siardata$iterations -  :
  invalid 'ncol' value (too large or NA)
In addition: Warning message:
In Ops.ordered((numsources + numiso), numgroups) :
  '*' is not meaningful for ordered factors

Should I now change to numeric? How do I do this (example code if possible
please, am beginner and struggling!)?

Thanks again for your help.

Alex.