[R] R development master class: NYC, Dec 12-13

Sun Nov 13 20:55:46 CET 2011

Though I can't speak for Alex, I suspect this was a case of him either
(1) not realizing you were actually the poster of the original email,
or (2) he is relatively new to the woRld and hasn't yet connecting
your name to your (enumerable) contributions.

Also:

> Some of the money I earn from these courses goes to pay for my summer
> salary and supports student research. It also gives me confidence that
> if I don't get tenure because I've been writing R packages instead of
> papers, I can keep doing the work I love.

If that actually happens, that would be an amazing/colossal (not in a
good way) testament to how well the "rating system" works in academia.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou