[R] Generalized singular value decomposition

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 30 16:13:27 CET 2011

tom wrote

> Thank you for your help!
>
> The GSVD (SVDgen) in PTAk does not perform a generalized singular value
> decomposition for 2 matrices, only for 1. I should have mentioned this -
> sorry.
> Are there maybe other packages?
>
> I have also found the last 2 links, but I look for a way to use LAPACK
> with Windows - this issue is unfortunately not addressed in these posts.
>
> Can anyone help me with LAPACK and Windows XP? I have noticed that there
> are already 2 dlls in the R/bin folder (Rblas.dll and Rlapack.dll). But
> I still can not load the libraries. I guess that I still have to
> "install"/do something ...

I don't think you have to install "something".
You have not told us how you are trying to load the  dll's.

You can use the GSVD function from
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/problem-with-generalized-singular-value-decomposition-using-LAPACK-td834930.html
but you will need the exact path to the Lapack dll in the dyn.load call.
Something like dyn.load("C:\\R\\.....\\libRlapack.dll").
You do not need to dyn.load the Blas dll.

I have tried this GSVD function with Mac OS X with success.

Berend