[R] install "multtest" and "preprocessCore" packages in Bioconductor library

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 19:08:40 CET 2011

As the posting guide strongly suggests, I think the first step is to
update to R 2.14: there have been changes in package design and I'm
not sure back-compatibility will run that far. Doing so should let you
download fresh binaries straight from BioC.

I'm not sure why you would get compilation errors if you are just
installing a binary -- are you sure you're doing it right? What are
your commands?

I think follow-up should be directed to the dedicated BioConductor
list, but I assume they will tell you the same thing: 1) Update R and
try to install prepackaged libraries; 2) install local copies of the
binaries; 3) only compile from source if needed (you probably don't
have a fortran compiler which seems to be part of the problem)

Michael