[R] How to run Bibtex with pdfLatex in StatEt/MikTex on Windows ?

syrvn mentor_ at gmx.net
Mon Oct 3 19:06:49 CEST 2011

I am a bit confused...

I wrote a little shell script called tex2pdf which just calls: texi2pdf
body.tex and when I execute it
in a terminal it runs smoothly. If I type into R: system("/Path/to/tex2pdf")
I get the same error message:

You don't have a working TeX binary (tex) installed anywhere in
your PATH, and texi2dvi cannot proceed without one.  If you want to use
this script, you'll need to install TeX (if you don't have it) or change
your PATH or TEX environment variable (if you do).  See the --help
output for more details.

For information about obtaining TeX, please see http://www.tug.org.  If
you happen to be using Debian, you can get it with this command:
  apt-get install tetex-bin

How can this happen? I originally thought it's a problem with the texi2dvi
function in R but it seems to be something else...