[R] distance coefficient for amatrix with ngative valus

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 05:00:53 CEST 2011

You still haven't explained what's wrong with *almost every metric
there is*, but if you want other distance metrics have you considered
those in the package you are using, via the function dsvdis().
Consider, for example:

library(labdsv)

X <- get(data(bryceveg));

X[, sample(NROW(X))] <- (-1)*X[, sample(NROW(X))] # Put some negative
values in all willy nilly like....
Y <- pco( dsvdis(X, index="bray/curtis") )
print(any(X < 0))

If you want more explanation, please provide actual details of what
you are asking, as requested in my first email.

Michael Weylandt