[R] texi2dvi problem when compiling incorrect Latex code

syrvn mentor_ at gmx.net
Tue Oct 4 14:43:55 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am working on a big R project using Eclipse/StatET/Texlipse. I'd like to
write a Latex document within that project but DO NOT want to Sweave it.
It's pure Latex. Via the external tools configurations I set up 2 different
versions to ensure that my latex document is processed correctly.

Version 1 (System Call):
library(tools)
setwd("${container_loc}")
file = "${resource_loc:${source_file_path}}"
try(system(paste("texi2pdf", shQuote(file)), intern=TRUE))

Version 2 (R Call):
library(tools)
setwd("${container_loc}")
texi2dvi(file = "${resource_loc:${source_file_path}}", pdf = TRUE, quiet =
FALSE)

Both versions work well as long as there is no error in my latex code. As
soon as there is an error
the process of texi2pdf / texi2dvi is not finished as the programme waits
for user input (mostly just press "enter" key). The problem is that R
outputs the output only after the whole programme finished so I always end
up having to kill my R console.

Is there any workaround for that?

Syrvn