[R] subplot strange behavoir

emorway emorway at usgs.gov
Sat Oct 22 00:21:25 CEST 2011

Hello Dr. Snow,

With regard to your response from earlier this month:

When I copy and paste your code I get what is expected, the 2 subplots line
up on the same y-value.  What version of R are you using, which version of
subplot? What platform?

I'm still troubled by the fact that layout and subplot (from TeachingDemos)
are not playing nicely together on my machine.  sessionInfo():

sessionInfo()
#R version 2.13.2 (2011-09-30)
#Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
#other attached packages:
#[1] TeachingDemos_2.7

I'd really like to get this working on my machine as it seems to be working
on yours.  While I previously tried a simply example for the initial forum
post, I'm curious if the real plot I'm trying to make works on your machine.
Should you happen to have a spare moment and I'm not pushing my luck, I've
attached 4 small data files, 1 text file containing the R commands I'm
trying to run (including 'layout' and 'subplot' called
"R_Commands_Plot_MT3D_Analytical_Comparison_For_Paper.txt"), and the
incorrect tiff output I'm getting on my machine.  I've directed all paths in
the R code to c:/temp/  so everything should quickly work if files are
dropped there.  Should it work on your machine as we would expect, does
anything come to mind for how to fix it on my machine?

Very Respectfully,
Eric

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3926941/AnalyticalDissolvedSorbedConcAt20PoreVols.txt
AnalyticalDissolvedSorbedConcAt20PoreVols.txt
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3926941/AnalyticalEffluentConcentration.txt
AnalyticalEffluentConcentration.txt
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3926941/Conc_Breakthru_at_100cm.txt
Conc_Breakthru_at_100cm.txt
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3926941/Conc_Profile_20T.txt
Conc_Profile_20T.txt
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3926941/R_Commands_Plot_MT3D_Analytical_Comparison_For_Paper.txt
R_Commands_Plot_MT3D_Analytical_Comparison_For_Paper.txt
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n3926941/NonEquilibrium_ForPaper.tif
NonEquilibrium_ForPaper.tif