[R] rpart/tree issue

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Sep 8 16:36:01 CEST 2011

-- begin included message --
I am trying to create a classification tree using either tree or rpart
but when it comes to plotting the results the formatting I get is
different than what I see in all the tutorials.  What I would like to
see is the XX/XX format but all I get is a weird decimal value.  I was
also wondering how you know which is yes and which is no in each leaf of
the tree?  Is yes always on the left?

-- end inclusion ---

You will need to give more detail:
   "all the tutorials" --- certainly not the rpart technical reports, so
to what do you refer?
   "xx/xx format" --- for what?  You haven't told us what the response
variable is.

  If you do print(fit) that will help you interpret the result of
plot(fit) and text(fit).

Terry T