[R] barplot in hexagram layout

Schatzi adele_thompson at cargill.com
Tue Sep 13 22:06:40 CEST 2011

I decided to go with circles instead of rectangles. Thank you for your help.
Here is the new code:

dev.new(width=2.5, height=3,mar=c(0,0,0,0))
par(mfrow=c(1,1),mar=c(0,0,0,0))
x=c(-1,1,1,-1,-3,-3,5)
y=c(1.2,0.6,-.7,-1.3,-.7,0.6,5)
plot(0,xlim=c(-4,2),ylim=c(-2,2),type="n",axes=FALSE,xlab="",ylab="")
symbols(x,y,circles=c(1,1,1,1,1,1,4),

bg=c("brown","blue","orange","red","yellow","green","white"),fg="white",add=TRUE)

I added in the "white" one because that makes all the circles smaller. I
tried changing the radii of the circles, but it seems they are relative so I
made a white one big and the rest small.

-----
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not - Albert Einstein