[R] Converting ID Numbers to Unique ID Number

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 19:28:29 CEST 2011

A reproducible example would be useful, as yours isn't entirely clear.

But maybe something like this?

id.info <- data.frame(foreign=sort(unique(foreign.id)),
local=1:length(unique(foreign.id)))

and then use merge() to combine that with your actual data.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org