[R] Trying to merge new data set to bottom of old data set. Both are zoo objects.

knavero knavero at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 07:47:24 CEST 2012

Here's a case where it doesn't work. Again, the problem is that when I use
the rbind or concatenate functions, the 2012 data set seems to go ahead of
the 2010 and 2011 portions of the data set. The problem seems dependent on
the text files I read in:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4531011/old.txt old.txt

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4531011/new.txt new.txt

using this code:

http://pastebin.com/8W6KaaPQ

In a case where it works, and the data seemed to be in the right order, I
read in a different old.txt named old1.txt and somehow it seemed to work.
The contents and format were similar to that of new.txt where there was 18
columns with the same headers. Here are the files to use:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4531011/old1.txt old1.txt

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4531011/new.txt new.txt

using this code:

http://pastebin.com/6iNF5bPd

That should clarify the issue I'm having. Let me know if a dput is necessary
here. However all the vectors and vector modes seem to check out okay.