[R] Help with gsub function or a similar function

ieatnapalm erawls at tulane.edu
Fri Apr 6 04:38:18 CEST 2012

Hey, sorry if this has been addressed before, but I'm really new to R and
having trouble with the gsub function. I need a way to make this function
exclude certain values from being substituted:
ie my data looks something like (15:.0234,10:.0157) and I'm trying to
replace the leading 15 with something else - but of course it replaces the
second 15 with something else too. If there's a way to exclude anything with
a leading decimal point or something like that, that would do the trick.
Thanks yall.