[R] Help Using Spreadsheets

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Tue Apr 10 10:51:07 CEST 2012

Hi

> You might want to re-read the "Intro to R" and the section on
> dataframes.  Your spreadsheet is read into R as a dataframe which is
> very similar to an Excel spreadsheet.  Exactly what problem are you
> having with it?  Is it trying to access the data?
>
> 2012/4/6 Pedro Henrique <lamarao at superig.com.br>:
> > Hi, Petr,
> > Thanks for answering.
> > Yes, I do read the file with the "read.xls" command but I do not know
how to
> > read it into an object.

What was the result of reading the file by read.xls? AFAIK Any read.*
function does read some data either to console (and print them) or to some
object for further use.

mydata <- read.xls(something)

> > I read the R-into document chapter of objects, but I is still not
clear for
> > me how to transform this kind of data into an object.

My mind reading ability is rather undeveloped so if you

PLEASE do read the posting guide

e.g. **how** did you read your file to R.

Regards
Petr

<petr.pikal at precheza.cz>