[R] object '---' not found

MLE emily.hagan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:26:20 CEST 2012

Hi,
I am very new to R and the stats world. I have enjoyed working with R so far
but I have come across an error message in a very simple command that I am
unable to resolve.

I bring data in through excel .csv files and check them to be sure R reads
them correctly and has everything assigned as it is in the excel file. It
looks good. But simple computations are not working

> sd(VIQ)
Error in sd(VIQ) : object 'VIQ' not found

I copied the object out of the R table of the data, I know it is correct.

Thank you in advance and for understanding my greenness.

Emily