[R] Converting php arrays to data frame

beltrand jammon101 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:07:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

 I am working on an implementation of R within some web application (R is
just a part of a larger project, so R has to be incorporated within an
existing setup)

Here is the scenario, PHP grabs a csv dataset from some server and turns it
into a 2 dimensional array (with each row being an array, and there are N of
them, N being the number of columns) Now I want the PHP script to trigger
Rscript  to process the data with the exec() command.  The idea is that R
can access the data without actually fetching the csv from the server
(through RMySQL or something like that)

The question is, how do I turn the PHP array into a data frame or some kind
of object that R can process?

Thanks.