[R] r-package RDCOMClient

Robert Baer rbaer at atsu.edu
Sun Apr 29 17:05:27 CEST 2012

These sorts of issues are often machine dependent and not R package or R
software dependent, especially when it comes to processes like com.  I a,m
not a RDCOMClient user, but it's been on my list to look at. You don't
provide much info on your various component versions (see posting guide) so
specific advice is impossible.

If it helps, On my 64-bit window 7 running32-bit  "i386-pc-mingw32" R 2.15.0
machine (I don't think 64-bit R is supported for RDCOMClient, but I could be
wrong), I was just able to install a fresh RDCOMClient from Omegahat
repository.  The code:

> require(RDCOMClient)
> ex = COMCreate("Excel.Application")
> ex[["Visible"]] = TRUE

produced an open visible Excel Window.  My Excel is 32-bit version Office
2010.  Bottom line, success should be possible.

Good luck.

Rob