[R] Imputation using package mi

hazbro ahmednasib at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 00:06:04 CEST 2012

I am unsure if the package mi uses  MICE because I can specify the number of
iterations for the mi functions.

Also on a side note:

I have a large data set with 300+ covariates (some are have missing values).
So I was wondering if I should use all the complete covariates for the
imputation models or just the ones that are significant predictors (say at
the five percent level). For example if I run a linear model for imputation
not all the complete covariates are significant. Also if I run a glm with
the missingness indicator as the response and the covariates as the
explanatory variables, not all the covariates seem to be significant
predictors.

Thank you for your help.