[R] basehaz() in package 'Survival' and warnings() with coxph

hazbro ahmednasib at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:54:59 CEST 2012

Okay the data sets dat1 and dat 2 are the same dat1 just has fewer
covariates.

David, I understand your concern with the number of events and number of
variables I am using however. 611 is only the unique times at which the
events occur where as there are 6987 events in my data of 77272
observations.

As for the model selection procedure I am using a stepwise forward selection
procedure using add1() and checking the Wald test. The model I start with is
fit2 and I add on the X, variables which are all factors with two levels.
There are three variables that have very high coefficients, so do you think
something like the durbin watson test should be used here?